The counseling team at Poplar Creek Church offers confidential, Christian counseling to individuals, couples, and families who are facing challenges in life. Our philosophy is to empower people of all ages to live by biblical standards.
One-on-one counseling is available for all ages as a way of addressing challenges such as depression, addiction, loss and divorce grief or any other obstacle you are facing. Our purpose in these sessions is that your faith in the healing power of God would grow and strengthen you in your situation.
Visit our resources below for an application. If you have questions about counseling, please contact the counseling team administrator, Kathy Nickoli, at 262.424.8121
What can I expect if I come?
1. You can expect to hear answers from God's Word, be encouraged in your success, and exhorted to think and live in a way that pleases Jesus Christ.
2. You can expect that everything will be held in strict confidence except where, in the counselor's judgment, there is a biblical requirement to involve others (e.g. criminal activity, abuse...).
3. You can expect that our staff will treat you with respect and care.
Does the Bible have answers for my problems?
The Bible does have answers for dealing with whatever challenges that you're facing. All our challenges may not completely disappear. However, a person who submits to God's Word may hold onto His promises knowing there is hope in Him. Many of the counselees that see us experience significant progress within 6-12 weeks. We believe that "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" (2 Timothy 3:16 NIV). In His Word, God gives all that we need to know about him and how to live a life that is pleasing to Him.
Are the counselors qualified and when is counseling available?
All of our counselors go through a training program in biblical counseling. At this time our counseling is offered by appointment Mondays through Fridays.
What do you expect from me?
1. We ask you to be willing to learn and apply God's way of handling problems.
2. We ask you to attend each week's session and do weekly homework assignments that will encourage lasting change.
3. We ask you to give us a little time. Habits were not developed overnight and new habits will take several weeks to develop.
4. We ask you to keep all your appointments and be on time.
What does counseling cost?
Our counseling is free of charge. However, when you arrive for your first counseling session, you will submit a $50 cancellation fee, in cash. If you cancel your appointment within 24 hours of your scheduled time, you forfeit your fee. You will need to submit another $50 before continuing. If you attend (or properly cancel) all sessions, your fee will be returned. There will be a small charge for discipleship materials.
Where do I begin?
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 262.993.6053.
We look forward to serving you!
Below is information & resources for Counseling
COUNSELING APPLICATION FORM
You can send the completed form to [email protected] You will be contacted once the form is received to verify its arrival.
CALL US : 262.782.1777
Sunday SERVICES: 7:45, 9:00, 10:45AM & 5:30pm
Poplar Creek Church